Monday, February 20, 2012

First 24 Hours Away


This weekend was my first trip away from Rory.  It’s crazy to think that I have spent every day and night with her for over 5 months.  Since the trip was only for 24 hours I was really not that worried about leaving her alone with daddy or missing her too much.  I was more excited to see my Loni, Amy and Nikki and have a nice night out.

It ended up being a really great trip.  Exactly what I needed.  I was able to relax and have a good time. 

I never cried or was really that upset about being away from Rory.  I think its probably because I had a few updates from Tim, a couple of photos and I knew that he could handle it.  On the way home my flight was delayed 1 hour and I started getting a little anxious to get home and see the Rors though.  When I walked in the door Tim was holding Rory waiting for me in our entryway.

One of the Photos Tim sent me
I am going to California in 3 weeks for 5 days and that is going to be a whole other ball game.  That’s a long time to be away from her and I actually am a little sad thinking about it.

To make matters worse, when I got home I asked Tim how he felt about being with Rory alone for 4 days now that he did it for one – he said he felt very different now and wishes he had some help.  Not the words I want to hear! 

I am sure I will be sad – although I’m not really a crier so I doubt I’ll be a puddle like everyone thinks.  I will more likely just be anxious for the weekend to end and be very distracted.  Hopefully I can still enjoy myself and be in the moment as much as possible!

1 comment:

  1. What she is not telling everyone was that she had another baby to keep her occupied while away! LOL. Caleb loved all the silly songs Auntie Erica sang. I sing the willaby wallaby woo lyrics all the time now and C loves it!!

    It was such a fun visit. Tim will do wonderful while you are away! It will give your man a good taste of your time with Rory while you were on Mat leave and he was at work!

    ReplyDelete