Thursday, March 8, 2012

Defensive Strategies

So up until this point, Erica and I have been using mostly Double Coverage Under/Over like Rory is Calvin "Megatron" Johnson (would have used a Bears WR for Erica but who on the Bears is worth a double team?)  It is fairly easy.

When it is time to go to bed...

Erica gets her changed, changes her into her PJs, puts out tomorrow's outfit and gives her the bottle before finally laying her down.

I get boogers from her nose using this crazy aspirator thing, fill up the Cool Air Humidifier, give her  medicine, distract her while Erica picks out clothes and generally put her in a good mood before bed.

Simple basic double coverage.

When Erica and I get home from work, Rory hangs in her play thing and we move in and out of the room enough to feel like Rory has a blanket of parenting keeping her safe and covered.   Double zone coverage with an under/over zone.

Now tonight isn't the first time we've had to move to single man on man coverage.  I have gone on two trips (SMF and STL) and Erica was in Chicago for a night as well.  We've both played 1x1 a few snaps at this point.  But 5 days of man on man defense will be a different challenge.

So far, so good.  We had a OK day outside the poop.  Daycare warned me too, last words were "she hasn't pooped yet, good luck with that".   We got our shopping done with minimal damange.  We only let her watch the end of the Triple OT Tulsa/Marshall game (I know babies should not watch TV but Triple Overtime!)

But I don't feel like I have a great understanding of the man on man approach.  Sure in this first snap I didn't give up a TD; but she was 15 min late to bed and kept slapping me in the face when I used a Level 1 instead of Level 2 nipple.

So I started to do some research and have a new strategy based on this video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uefp1UaGDow

I'm heading to Dick's Sporting Goods in the morning.

TJH

No comments:

Post a Comment