Tuesday, April 17, 2012

StuPop and Laura Visit!

Last weekend we had more visitors!  We love visitors!  It makes me a little sad that Rory is so far away from her family.  She doesn’t get to spend much time with her Grandparents, Aunts and Uncles or Cousins.  So when we get visitors I want her (and me) to soak up every minute of it. 

I justify the distance by saying that when we do see family we get to spend more quality time with them.  This is true.  When you live down the street from your parents, when do you really spend a whole weekend with them? 

My Dad and Laura came for the weekend and we had a great time.  They drove in on Friday and the 5 of us went to Buca Di Beppo for dinner.  Buca is great because it’s a somewhat nice restaurant where we can actually bring Rory and not feel bad if she screams or cries. 

Saturday Rory and I went downtown with my Dad and Laura.  We had a fantastic lunch at The News Room.  I had a great beet and goat cheese salad, which is one of may favorites.  Rory was great; she was in a cute denim dress with a sun hat.  It was nearly 80 degrees out.  This was the first time I ever put sunscreen on her too.  She has a lifetime of high SPF sunscreen ahead of her!  She has such fair skin.



We spent the day walking the city.  We pretty much walked from the Target on Nicollet to Loring Park then back to Target on Hennepin.  It felt like we walked the entire city and I would have sworn it was like a 3 mile walk but I just put it on Map My Run and it was only 1.7 miles.

After walking around we treated ourselves to cupcakes at Cupcake near the U.  So yummy!  I had a Mexican Hot Chocolate Cupcake.  It was so good!

Sunday we went to B.A.N.K. for brunch.  Rory again was a good sport even though she was missing her morning nap.  She got to spend some more time with StuPop and Laura.

Overall it was a really fun weekend!  I loved seeing my Dad and Laura, and love that they got to spend some quality time with Rory!


No comments:

Post a Comment