Sunday, June 3, 2012

Big Girl, Big Side, Little Bite

Friday was Rory's first day on the big side of the infant room.  She got her second incident report.  The first was that she scratched herself on the face, which we never found the scratch.  I think it was just a warm up incident report.

The second, she got bit in the back of the head.  Yep, first day on the big side.

Apparently the story goes that Rory and another baby were playing with the same toy.  Everything was fine, they were passing the toy back and forth.  Then all of a sudden Rory didn't want to give back the toy and the other kid bit her.  I hope she doesn't turn into a Vampire... I read way too much Twilight and Sookie Stackhouse.

They put an ice pack on it immediately and they said the cried but got over it pretty fast.  They were playing together again within 10 minutes.

Her cut really isnt' that bad.  Its not even really a cut, it didn't break the skin.  I tried to take a picture but it didn't come out very well.  You probably can't even see it, its a small red mark on the top back of her head.


I don't like that Rory was in pain, but I am not upset that this happened.  I knew it would come sooner or later.  The teachers were pretty surprised that I was so layed back about it, but really what can they do?  I know they are watching the babies every minute and they are in a safe environment but they are just learning how to interact with each other.  

And part of that is learning how to handle overcoming adversity and the concept of moving on quickly.  Something I am not always that great at as an adult.  The best part of the story for me was the Rory was playing with that baby again just a little while later.  She got over it pretty quickly.  Good thing babies don't hold grudges.

The rest of the day went great.  Miss Amanda said that Rory had fun playing with all of the new toys on the big side.  And she loved watching all of the bigger kids playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment