Monday, June 11, 2012

Weekend Recap

What a weekend!  It was one of those crazy busy, non-stop fun weekends.

It started off early.  Thank you summer hours.  I left work at 1:30 on Friday.  All week I pondered what to do with my couple of hours of alone time on Friday.  I thought about picking up Rory early but that never really works out well.  She ends up just needing a nap right when I pick her up and then I end up stuck in the house with a sleeping baby.  Doesn’t make much sense.  So unless I have specific plans on Fridays, my plan is to use the few hours to do something I want to do alone.  Something relaxing. 

I thought about going to the pool, running, shopping, sleeping, getting a massage.  But I ended up going to a movie.  It has been so long since I have gone to a movie alone, and it is seriously one of my most favorite things to do.  I went to go see What to Expect When You are Expecting.  It was hilarious.  Made me tear up at parts too.  My favorite line was when one of the Dad’s said “I love my baby so much, sometimes I think I might eat him.”  Hilarious because I pretend to eat Rory all the time and say “yummmm baby!” 

I picked up Rory at her normal time and we played and had a fun night.  She was a little crabbier then normal all weekend.  I think that second tooth might be coming in.

Saturday morning I had an insanely early wake up call.  But I popped out of bed at 5:45 because I was so excited for the Go Commando 5K.  Here we are bright and early ready for the race!


I felt like I was in decent shape to at least be able to jog the whole thing but I was SO WRONG.  I had run 2.25 miles a few times that week but it was pretty flat, I was not prepared for hills.  I think I got off to too fast of a pace plus the hills, I was struggling before the 1 mile marker.  Lindsey stayed behind with me and did the whole race at my pace, which was so nice!  Thank you!  We had fun, the obstacles were a blast.   I did get a nasty bruise on my leg, although not nearly as bad as Ellen's.  Ignore the bathroom floor.

I am pretty bummed that I am in even worse shape then I thought.  It feels like an epic fail.  I honestly have never done a race where I didn't run every step.  But I am trying to just use it as motivation to keep running and getting into shape.  Not dwelling on the negative.  Next year I am going to rock that race!

Mackenzie has some pictures posted and a great recap of our experience.  It was so much fun! 

We had a quick turnaround to go home and shower and head off to East Bethel for Kristina’s Housewarming Party.  It was a fun afternoon.  Rory got to hang out and play with everyone.  And we got to eat some good food and hang out in Kristina’s beautiful house!

Yesterday Tim, Rory and I went to Mankato to watch the All-Star game.  Rory and I layed in the sun on a blanket in the grass and played and watched softball.   (Photo to come) Doesn’t get much better then that!  Looking forward to the Danes season to start!

No comments:

Post a Comment