Monday, July 16, 2012

Weekend Recap

What a fun weekend!  My mom flew in on Thursday and left Sunday and we had such a great time!  Rory was a blast and it was so fun to see my Mom get to know her at this age – she hasn’t seen her since May!

Thursday we didn’t do much.  I picked up my Mom from the airport and we went to The Good Earth for lunch.  This is one of my favorite places to eat breakfast or lunch.  We made some chicken and green beans (courtesy of my CSA box) for dinner and some Zucchini cookies for dessert (also from CSA box)


Friday we drove to Stillwater.  Despite our fears of construction and traffic, we made it there and back in about 40 minutes.  It was a nice drive and Rory slept pretty much both ways!  We did some shopping and then met Amy and Calvin for lunch.  We had such a fun time.  Its fun to see the babies interact, each time they see each other they play more and more.  It was my first time spending time in Stillwater and we had a great day!





At lunch we discovered that Rory can now use a straw!  This makes meals so much easier!  She also tried fish for the first time - walleye of course!  She loved it!


Saturday we went shopping at Southdale.  We bought Rory a few outfits from Macy’s and the Gap.  Don’t you just love baby Ralph Lauren?!?!  Its so cute.  We found Rory a dress on sale for $14, what a steal.  And I got a few things too, including the most gorgeous Fossil purse from my mom for my 30th birthday present.

Saturday night we went to Osaka for dinner and had a blast!  We sat in the front section where they don’t have cooking tables because I think Rory is too young for them.   Rory was hysterical!  She ate fistfuls of rice, both white and fried.  She loved it!  She kept signing MORE, MORE very empathetically!  We were laughing hysterically!  It was a blast!




When my Mom was leaving Sunday she said to Rory say “Bye, Bye Bubba” and I swear that Rory repeated it.  It sure sounded close. 

We had a great weekend!  I was sad to see my Mom go home.  I loved that she got to spend some quality time with Rory and just wish she got to do it more often!  My mom gave me a little break too, getting up early with Rory and giving her the first bottle of the day all 3 days!  It was fantastic!  Rory is the happiest in the morning so my Mom got to spend that really fun first hour with her each day! 




No comments:

Post a Comment