Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Weekend Recap!


I had a great weekend!  I actually wrote this post on Monday but got so busy that I didn't get around to adding the pictures and posting till today.  Oops.

My friend Christine was in town for her Doctorate graduation.  Christine and I met in 6th grade and although she moved to Georgia our Freshman year I visited her in Atlanta many times.  It was so great to see her.  We even pulled out some Jr. High photos and reminisced about how dorky we looked back then!  Me in way too baggy clothes and Christine in plain shirts.  We dug up an old journal that Christine wrote to me when she moved.  It was really sentimental.  It was strange to look back into the minds of our 14 year old selves. 

On Friday we met Christine and her husband David at Chino Latino.  I love to take people from out of town there, it just seems like a must-go-to when your in Minneapolis.  Tim took Rory home after dinner and the three of us enjoyed a drink and beautiful weather on the rooftop at Stella’s. 

Saturday Christine and David went to their graduation and I ran around doing various things. 

But first I got my 3.5 mile run it!  It felt fantastic!  I had Rory with me and when I started it wasn’t raining at all.  The clouds looked like it could go either way so I thought I would loop at bit so that I was never too far away from the house in case it downpoured.  Well, I got greedy and when it wasn’t raining at the 1 mile mark, I kept going.  Of course, just after I turned around at 1.75 miles it started pouring.  Rory was mostly covered except for her feet.  So I took a blanket that I brought and put it over the front of the stroller making it a little tent.  Well, that little girl thought it was the funniest most fun thing ever.  She laughed the entire rest of the way home.  Thank God too, because if she had been crying it would have been miserable.  I was soaking wet when we got home and the bottom of Rory’s pants were drenched too!

Once we dried off, we went to go check out the space for Ror’s bday party.  Let me just tell you, that I am even more excited now!  And I am super excited to stay at the Graves for a weekend.  I think its going to be a blast!

Then we were off to Calvin’s Birthday party!  He is 1.  He is just about 2.5 weeks older then Rory.  Watching Calvin tear apart his smash cake was a riot!  He ended up covered in blue and green frosting!  It was a fun party and great to see Amy and Calvin.  We also got to spend some time with Meghan and Jack.  Unfortunately, the only photo I got was this one of Jack and Rory playing in Calvin’s room.  Rory seems quite annoyed with me.


 Saturday night we spent some more time with Christine and David.   We ate pizza, drank champagne, it was a fun night!

Sunday Rory and I went to watch the Danes play.  We had fun playing in the grass and watching the games.  Although, I must admit it is really hard to pay attention to the game when Rory is around.  I don’t think I could tell you anything that happened.

Great weekend!  I can’t believe Rory’s birthday is just over 3 weeks away.  She is walking with furniture more and more.  Pulling herself up on every surface possible!  We are down to 1 bottle a day and 3 sippy’s and I started mixing in milk with her formula to slowly transition her over.  I'll have a walker before I know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment