Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Rory's Birthday Party - Post 1

I am going to break up Rory’s Birthday Weekend Extravaganza into a couple of posts.  It’s just too much to fit into one.  So let's first set the scene...

I was on the fence for a long time about doing a Dr. Seuss themed party.  Rory’s room is Dr. Seuss and I felt a little suffocated in the whimsical world of Dr. Seuss.  But after going through some other ideas I decided to compromise with myself and do a Cat in the Hat theme.  Not much of a compromise I know. 

Each month I took Rory’s picture with her Cat in the Hat stuffed animal so it seemed to make sense to go for that theme.

I made an awesome poster of Rory’s monthly photos.  Please don’t ask where 1 & 8 are. 


We also had a huge Cat in the Hat cut out and black, red and white balloons.


I decorated the tables with Cat in the Hat napkins and Hats.


We had really good food catered from the Graves 601 Hotel.  We had mini burgers, chicken finger bar and french fry bar.  Adults and Kids all seemed very happy with the choices!  (Christine Husted especially!)  And to top it all off we had the most amazing cake ever.  Not only does it look incredible, but is was so good too.  Thank you to Sweet Retreat, we will be ordering from them again. 


I ordered a Tutu and a shirt with ONE on it from Etsy.  I wanted the Birthday Girl to really stand out, and boy did she.  The tutu was huge!  It was perfect!


We had a ball pit and a tunnel for the kids to play in which worked out great!  I think we are going to put the ball pit in our basement for a while.  Rory just loved it!

Overall, everything came together fantastic!  I think everyone had a great time.  More to come on Smash Cake eating and the rest of the weekend's Shenanigans!

No comments:

Post a Comment