Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Rory's Birthday Party - Post 3: The Shenanigans

It took me a little longer then planned to get this last post written.  Things have been a little busy at work and I have been spending every free moment with Rory or running!  Tim and I are actually making an attempt to stay current with the X Factor and the Voice too.

In addition to the actual birthday party on last Saturday, the whole weekend was such a blast so I wanted to share some of the other Shenanigans that went down.

Friday night we went to Butcher and the Boar - we being my Mom, Michael, Auntie Pam, and Loni.  Butcher in the Boar is by far my new favorite restuarant.  I just love their food.  I ate so much. I split an order of oysters with Michael.  They were cooked which I thought was a little weird by they were delic.  I also got to try the Shrimp Cocktail and I would definitley order that again.  It was spicy and citrusy, so yummy.  I had the stuffed jalenpenos again.  They are stuffed with peanut butter and they are fantastic.  And Michael and I split the sausage platter.  So good.  Tim would really love this place.  We have to plan a date there!

It was a fun night.  I got to catch up with my Aunt and spend time with my rents and Loni.  What more could I ask for!

Saturday after the party we all went to Rosa Mexicana for dinner.  I was a little worried how this would all work out but they had a great table for us and the food was really good.  I had the scallop and potato tacos.  yum! 

After dinner, Tim took Rory back to the hotel to meet up with Miss Amanda.  Rory was so excited to see her, there was no chance she was going to sleep.  Especially with both Tim and Miss Amanda there.  So Tim left and met us at Shout House and let Miss Amanda put Rors to bed.  She said she had to lay in bed next to her for her to go to sleep and then transferred her to her Pack and Play.  Not surprised, she did the same thing for us.  Rory didn't wake up and Miss Amanda got a ton of homework down, win/win!

I was excited for my Mom to experience The Shout House.  She is a show tunes kind of person and I thought she would love it!  And she did!  My Dad and Laura also had never been and loved it.  I wouldn't be surprised if they were at Howl at the Moon in Chicago very soon!  Everyone sang along and had fun!  There were a few awkward moments when the bar back stipped to his tighty whiteys dancing on some bachelorette but that goes with the territory!  And guess who showed up... Mackenzie and Mike with some friends!  It made for an even better night.  Loni, Dan and I were the winners of  "out latest."  We stumbled back to the hotel and parted ways as they went searching for the vending machine.  Great night!  Here's some pics!



No comments:

Post a Comment