Thursday, November 29, 2012

Black Friday Shopping

For the first time ever, I did the midnight Black Friday Shopping experience!  The main purpose was that i wanted to get a new pair of Uggs and Sport Authority had a BOGO 50% off deal that I could not pass up!

I left the house around 11:30 and drove to Sport Authority, I was amazed by the line. 


The first 80 people got scratch card for $10 - $500 and their were people who had been waiting for an hour.  It was 30 degrees out!  I got in line and wondered if I was in the first 80, I knew it was going to be close.  Turned out, I was number 78.  The guy had 2 cards left in his hand after he handed me one.  Mine was only worth $10 but it was still worth it.   I only waited for about 15 minutes.

I went straight to the Uggs and they only had 4 pairs in my size in the style I wanted.  I was glad I went so early because I am positive that they ran out of them within an hour based on how busy the store was. 

I grabbed the Uggs, a pair of running shoes, a couple North Face 1/4 zip fleeces and a North Face vest.  I also had a coupon for $25 off North Face when you spend over $125.  I got some great deals!  Tim was thrilled with his fleece, its light blue which isn't a color he normally wears and it looks great on him!

I got in line at probably 12:20 and it was all the way through the center of the store to the back.  Luckily I was between two very nice ladies and we chatted a little bit to help pass the time.  It took about 45 minutes to get to the checkout. 

I thought about going straight home since it was now close to 1:30am, but I decided to go to Kohl's.  I had a few gifts to pick up as well as a new Keurig.  Kohl's was insane.  The lines were around the whole store and they were completely out of carts and bags to carry stuff in.  I grabbed a new razor for Tim, my Keurig a few other things and my arms were maxed out.  I was about to look for new Tupperware and I saw someone in line faint.  The police quickly helped her up and talked with her until the paramedics got there.  There was so much chaos I decided to just get out of there.  I waited in line to pay for about 20 minutes.  The Keurig was my best deal 89.99 for a $140.00 Keurig.

I was home by 2:30 but I was so wound up that I couldn't fall asleep.  Black Friday shopping is kind of a rush!  I definitely think I'll go again next year!

Friday at about noon we went back out shopping.  We always go on Black Friday and get 5 new ornaments for our tree.  Well, this year we went a few over 5! 

No comments:

Post a Comment