Friday, December 28, 2012

Home for the Holidays

I really love the holidays.  Going to Chicago for a whole week is a blast.  We get to spend some quality time with our families and try to see our friends as much as possible.  This year I think we were able to see almost everyone but it still felt like we were cutting some visits way too short.

We drove home Tuesday night after a stop for dinner in Eau Claire.  We ate at BW3's with Katie and Tyler.  It was great to see them and I cannot wait till baby McMullen is here, shouldn't be long now.  Its hard to have conversations when Rory is around but it was nice to catch up.  Rory was actually pretty good at dinner.  We then drove the rest of the way to Tim's parents house and arrived at about 1am.  Rory slept the whole way.

Wednesday was relaxing day.  We sat around in our PJs and did nothing.  Wednesday night the family came over for dinner.  Annie and Alex are so great with Rory!  Alex led Rory around by her hand all night.


Thursday and Friday Rory and I moved to my Mom's house to have a slumber party!  Thursday we hung out with Loni all day and then went to lunch with my Dad, Uncle and Grandparents.  I didn't get too many good photos because Rory was in CrayCray mode but I love this one!


Friday we went Nikki's house.  I loved seeing them but that visit was definitely too short.  As soon as we got them both down for a nap, it was pretty much time to go.  We did remember to get a photo of them though!  They are about 11 months apart, amazing how much kids grow in 11 months!


We then drove to my Mom's school and met all of her favorite students and teachers.  We hung out for the sing-a-long.  It was so cool.  Rory loved it but did try to run on stage a couple times.  She also loved just walking the halls of the school.  She would run down the hall then lay down in the middle on her back and laugh.  It was hilarious.  We also got to see Caleb and Amy!

Saturday was PARTY day.  We celebrated Caleb's first birthday!  And my Mom had a little get together at her house so everyone could see/meet Rory.  It was so nice to see everyone!  Rory did great at both parties.

Sunday was another day to just relax.  Monday we went to breakfast at my Mom's to see my Auntie Pam.




Christmas was fantastic!  We had so much fun with Annie and Alex and the whole family all day.  Dinner was great!  And the gift exchange was a success!  I had Marybeth and I think she was happy with her scarf, workout clothes and owl dish!  Andrew had me and I was thrilled with my Coffee mugs and Stoneware (and college sweatshirt to come).

Rory got some wonderful gifts!  Including a basketball net and a princess castle.  Autie shirts.  A Yankee t-shirt.  Owl Pjs.  Bath seals that sing!  And lots of other toys and clothes from everyone.  (There is a giant Mickey staring at me while I type this).  We are so thankful for everything and everyone!  I hope everyone had a fantastic holiday season!


Rory and Tim before church on Christmas Eve
Rory opening her basketball net
...And Woohoo for 100th post!

No comments:

Post a Comment