Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Hello 2013

New Years Eve was a bust at our house.  Tim got home from softball around 8pm, we ate a cheese plate drank some champagne and were fast asleep by 11:15.  I was actually pretty bummed but as my mom always says... "Its just another night."  They were probably asleep by 9pm.  Huh, I am getting old.  I hope I have a few good New Year's Celebrations left ahead of me!


I've never really been a New Year's Resolution kind of person.  It sounds so fake because most resolutions are broken...by February.  So I've always just set a goal for the year and tried to work towards it.  Less pressure, yet more effective.  Really the same thing, I know.

2012 was amazing.  I was able to watch Rory grow and learn every day.  She started out the year as a tiny baby that couldn't even roll over yet and ended it walking, talking and repeating things like toaster. Yep, toaster of all words.  (side note: we seriously need to clean up our language in this house).  On top of that I had a few awesome vacations and ran a 10 mile race!  

2013 is going to be all about love!  Hugging and kissing and loving each other in our family!  After 5 years of marriage I am sure I am not the first wife that has let the simple practice of a hello kiss and hug become a rarity.  We are going to bring that back in the Husted House.

I have lots of things planned for the year including a half marathon in Nashville, a Golf Tournament in Sept and a family trip to Elkhart Lake, WI.  I can't wait!

I have been pretty active in 2012.  But I want to recommit to my health.  Eat right and exercise.  Try new things, new classes, mix it up and stay interested!  Run 2 halfs!

I ran the Lifetime Fitness Commitment Day 5K on New Year's Day.  It was -6 degrees at the start, my coldest race ever, but I rocked it.  A full minute faster then the Reindeer run a month earlier.  32:12.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment