Wednesday, January 9, 2013

These are a Few of My Favorite Things...

There are a lot of bloggers out there that do some form of a weekly Fab 5 Friday or periodic obsessed posts.  I love these and steal ideas from them all the time!  And lets face it, I have an obsessive personality so this is a great idea for me!

I'm not commiting to anything yet, but I'd like to do a periodic post of things I am obsessed with to let you know what is going on in my life as well as share cool stuff with you!

So here goes...

Chicago Fire

I am extremely skeptical to watch TV Shows in there first season.  Mainly because it seams like every show I fall in love with gets cancelled.  Anyone remember Trauma or Mercy, I loved those.  Well, I did some research and it seems like Chicago Fire will get picked up for a second season so I decided to get caught up on the first 10 episodes last weekend.  Turns out this show is awesome!  It has Jesse Spencer (Chase from House) and Taylor Kinney (Was actually on Trauma) and they are both super hot!  (Let's face it, a hot male lead makes any TV show better).  On top of that it has great fires and trauma scenes and they have developed a lot of good storylines already.  I hope I haven't cursed this show by watching the first season because it definitley has potential to have a long run.

PS - my brother in law is in the first episode!  He's the cop at the beginning who doesn't check for the bad guy in the closet.  As many times as I see him in shows and movies its still so cool!

Stephanie Plum Series

This is an obsession 6 months in the making.  Its actually a little embarassing, even though I know a lot of other people share the same obsession.  But I love these books!  I am on 18 of 19, I am so sad that I am going to be caught up soon. 

They are short fluffy reads but they are so good.  There is definitley some repeittion but its easy to look past it because the books are laugh out loud funny.  Also, the romance between Stephanie and her two loves keeps you quite interested. 

I was talking to a friend about it last week and we both said that one of the best things about these books is that Stephanie is the one that doesn't want to get married.  And although she feels some guilt about going back and forth between 2 guys, she just can't help herself.  I love that.
Read them!


My Fitness Pal

I have used ALOT of Food Diary web sites.  Including Sparkpeople and Weight Watchers and I have never seen a food database as extensive as My Fitness Pal.  The web site is easy to use and the app is awesome.  Every single food I have looked up has been in there including Kowalski's brand food.  You can also use the barcode scanner to add food, it works great.


Julep

Do you love nail polish?  I do!  To add to my monthly box obsession, I just found Julep!  Which is all about nail polish.  They are so pretty and they are fantastic.  I think my manicure lasts way longer with Juelp polish then OPI or Essie.  They have a Maven subscription where you get 2 nail polishes a month.  You get to peek at them on the 20th of each month and either choose to get the 2 chosen for you, switch them out or skip the month altogether.  I love it!

If you'd like to join click here and I'll get points for you joining!

Dunkin Donuts Hazelnut K-Cups

I don't think there is anything I miss more from Chicago then Dunkin Donuts coffee!  Now I can get the same great taste from my Keurig!  The only problem is that you can only buy DD K-Cups at actual Dunkin Donuts.  So I have to stock up when I visit!  I bought 2 boxes on our way back from Chicago on 12/26 and I am almost out already!

No comments:

Post a Comment