Monday, March 25, 2013

18 Month Check Up!


I know I say this a lot, but how is it possible that I have an 18 month old daughter!  Wow!  Even the doctor said it feels like Rory was just born.

The last few times we went to the doctor have been disastrous.  Rory has pretty much tantrumed the whole time and it was miserable.  So I assumed this was how her 18 month check up was going to go too. 

We were the only ones in the waiting room for a 3:10 appointment and Rory ran around and looked at the fish and had a great time.  As soon as the nurse opened the door and called Rory's name she started balling and wailing.  I had to grab her kicking and screaming and drag her into the room.

I hugged Rory and talked to her and tried to calm her down but she was having none of it.  So I had to just fight her to get her clothes off so she could be weighed.  It was kind of funny how she grabbed the waist of her pants as if to say no, you are not taking these off of me! 

We did her measurements and the nurse left me and Rory alone.  Rory sat on my lap with her head on my shoulder and hugged me tight.   After about 2 minutes she got over it and asked to be put down and preceded to take every single book out of a little basket they have in each room.

When the doctor came in Rory was actually fine.  She even showed off!  Dr. Schaefer asked Rory the color of the cars in her book and she knew every single one.  My mouth was literally on the floor.  I had no idea she knew her colors!  Her teacher had mentioned they were working hard on it but she knew red, orange, yellow, blue and green.  I was floored! 

Other then that she passed all the cognitive skills questions.  Rory has tons of words and can form short sentences like "Where's Cori?"  (We get that one 10 times a day)  Rory even listed off all of the kids in her class for the doctor. 

She got a little whiny when the doc was pushing on her stomach but thats understandable.  Other then that she was actually really good!  She only had to get one shot and she took it like a champ!  A teddy graham right after helped too.

We learned that the next 6 months are all about Rory starting to do things on her own.  Dressing herself, feeding herself, putting stuff away on her own and maybe some potty training when she is ready.  That sounds so crazy! 

She does already feed herself using a spoon and fork, her accuracy needs some work though!



Here's the latest Rory Stats:
Weight: 31lbs 12 oz (99%)
Height: 33 inches (85%)
Head: 19 inches (90%)

She has grown so much since her last check up!  I can't believe she started out in the 5th percentile!

Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!

No comments:

Post a Comment