Monday, March 11, 2013

Pre-Baby Weight, Half Training and Weekend Snapshots

I am so excited to be writing this post.  I have thought and thought and thought about it.  I have dreamed about it.  And I have worked really hard to achieve it.  I have finally reached my pre-baby weight.  Hallelujah.  I honestly could not be more excited.  Not only do I feel and look better but its a milestone that was really important to me.

Losing weight is hard for me.  It always has been.  For some reason even if I'm eating 1200 calories a day and running 15 miles a week, each lb is a struggle.  Part of me wants to say, FINALLY Erica, what took you so darn long?  But I am not going to do that.  Whether it took me 18 months or 18 years I am deciding to be proud of the fact that I was able to get back to my pre-baby weight.  Some women never get back to their pre-pregnancy weight while others bounce back easily, I am happy to be right in the middle.  I read in a study that it takes an average of 13 months for women to get back to their pre-pregnancy weight.  So I might be more then average, but who cares!

When I went to my first checkup after Rory was born I asked my doctor how long it should take for me to get back to my previous weight.  She said "A few years"  and I replied "But in a few years I might be on to my second" and she said "then a few years after that."  For some reason this conversation stuck.  It both motivated me and comforted me that I am not alone.  The lack of pressure from her actually gave me the confidence to work at it.

I feel like the numbers make some people uncomfortable but you'll have to get over it!  I'm going to give you numbers, because I am proud of them and well... I tend to give too much information. 

Wedding day: 172lbs
Pre-pregnancy weight: 172 lbs
Delivery day: 215lbs
One Year ago: 194 lbs
Current weight: 172 lbs
Next Goal: 165lbs on Race Day 4/27
Ideal (where I want to be) :155lbs

I am so proud, I even took a picture!  I should have included my 11th toe so you knew it was me, but you'll have to take my word on it.


Ahhhh... that feels so good and looks so pretty!  (and yes, I need a pedicure!)

We are in full swing of half marathon training!  This week felt great.  Anne and I ran our 8 miles outside on Saturday, through a "wall of moisture."  We were cold and soaked when we got back, but we did it!  That scarf thing I am wearing is from Lululemon and I love it! I can't find the exact one on their web site but its like this one.


Here is an updated training plan.  Don't hold me to the 5K this weekend, I am not actually signed up yet and I'm trying to find a way to merge the 5K and the 9 mile run.



Other than running 8 miles, I had a pretty busy but relaxing weekend.  Saturday night we had a Soup Swap with book club girls.  It was fun and delicious!  And Sunday Tim and I had a mini date night at the Wild game.   Although we were in a suite with a bunch of Tim's co-workers but I'll take what I can get!  I hate that Rory is at that age where we can't bring her to a 7pm hockey game.  It would be a disaster, she would get tired and crabby and wine and cry but I am excited for the day we can push her bedtime a bit.

Rory got 2 more teeth this week and is now up to 10!  Six on top and 4 on the bottom.  She has been talking up a storm too.  She now says "Yay" a lot.  When she sees the bag of Goldfish for example, she says "Yaayyy".  Rory has also mastered saying "Go Bears" and doing the touchdown signal.  We are working on "Go Yankees" and "Go Cubs" next.  We have priorities in ours house!  Oh, and I have taught her that when I ask where's Seabiscuit she will point to our poster in the basement of Seabiscuit.  She's going to be a horse racing expert by 2!

Here are some snapshots from our weekend!

Whenever Rory find my headband she loves to put it on.  She can do it all by herself too.


A little overdressed in her tutu for hanging around the house!


Taking out every toy!


Thanks for voting, we are at #99!  Continue to vote often and on every device!
Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!

No comments:

Post a Comment