Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Thinking about Boston and Runners Everywhere

The tragic events in Boston have been striking me especially hard this week. You know how some tragedies just feel closer than others? They are all horrible but sometime an image or a connection sticks out and it resonates differently. This one hurts. I am runner and part of the running community. I am wearing a race shirt today in support of Boston, the victims and all runners everywhere. It’s devastating to me that competitive racing - something that is athletic and healthy and joyous – is forever changed by this horrific event. No matter how much time passes or what security protocols we change it will always be in the back of our minds that races are vulnerable. It scares me. But I think the best statement I saw was that we have to continue to do what we love, keep running!

I know I posted this on Facebook, but its really powerful to me so I wanted to share again.



Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!

No comments:

Post a Comment