Monday, June 10, 2013

A Week in Chicago

Well, I had the most amazing week at home! 

Rory, Tim and I drove to Elkhart Lake Wisconsin on Friday 5/31 for a couple nights stay in one of my favorite towns ever.  My Mom and Michael and Tim's parents met us for the weekend and we had so much fun!  There is something about that town that makes me so happy!  I wish I could spend a month there.  Rory got to go to the beach for the first time. She absolutely loved it.  She spent almost 2 hours just pouring sand from bucket to bucket. 


Here's a few more from Elkhart...




Sunday we went back to Chicago area and had dinner with Tim's family.  Rory LOVED spending time with Annie and Alex!  They were so great with her, it was really fun to watch.  (I was given the OK to post this one online!)


Monday I worked in the morning and then Loni came over.  We headed to lunch and then took Rory to the park.  It wasn't enough time to catch up though!

Monday night Rory and I went to dinner with my Dad, Laura, Nana, Papo, Uncle Harvey and Cousins Phil and Melinda.  It was very loud in there and Rory was exhausted and crabby but we made the most of it!  It was so nice to see everyone, but again not enough time to catch up!

Tuesday I took the whole day off so that we could spend it with Nikki and Maddie.  I asked Rors Tuesday morning if she wanted to go spend the day with a baby.  And the whole ride there she was saying Baby, Baby, Baby.  It was very cute.  She had a little trouble saying Maddie (it came out Mannie) but toward the end of the day she said it right a few times.  Rory loved Maddie, but she REALLY loved Nikki.  I've never seen her latch on to someone so quickly and use there name so much!  Here's proof... I tried explaining to Rory you can't just climb in a lap when another baby is already there, but she was having none of it!


Nikki and I signed up for the Honky Tonk Half in WI Dells in October.  We are both so excited.  I love running halfs with Nikki, but am really excited for the medal photos around WI Dells afterward!  We had so much fun taking pics in Waterloo last time. 

Wednesday and Thursday I worked and spent time with my Mom and Michael.  They both LOVED spending time with Rory and are both so good with her.  Thursday Rory went to Tim's parents all day and got to spend some quality time with them.  All babysitters all week said she was a rockstar napper and was really fun!  For being in so many different places she really was a trooper!




Friday I worked in the morning and then spent the afternoon with Amy!  We had awesome sushi and enjoyed some baby-free time while her Nanny watched the kiddos.  Caleb and Rory had a little lunch date of their own...


Friday night and Saturday during the day Rory got to spend tons of time with her cousins! 

And the big finale was Sara and Steve's amazing wedding.  It was beautiful and such a blast!  Sara looked amazing and her dress was gorgeous.  It was a joy to see Sara and her family SO happy.  I also got to see some old friends at the wedding and it was wonderful to catch up!  We couldn't have asked for a better night!  Congrats Sara and Steve!


Rory really was a trooper all week!  I dragged her around to a lot of different places and she saw a lot of different people and she did a really good job of adapting to every situation.  She was absolutely exhausted on the way home yesterday, but so were Tim and I.  Its amazing how much Rory learned over the week.  She has a ton of new words and her verbal skills are just amazing.  And she is has starting singing songs a little bit and remembering the words.  Her version of Row, Row, Row your boat is hilarious!  I absolutely loved spending the extra time with her this week!

Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!

No comments:

Post a Comment