Monday, August 26, 2013

Our Weekend!

I am so bummed.  I was supposed to have an epic girls weekend in Brainerd but I had to bail last minute.  We were going to bring the kids (3 month old and 2 toddlers) but Rory was sick all week and I decided it was best to keep her home.  

When she is sick she is crabby and whiny and sleeps a ton and that just didn't sound like a good recipe for a fun weekend for anyone, including Rory.  She had her normal cough and on Friday we were still on Nebs every 4 hours.  Of course, Rory was feeling much better Saturday and I only had to give her 2 Nebs Saturday and 1 on Sunday.  Last time she had this though, she got better for 3 days and then got sick right away again so I wanted to avoid that and let her rest.  

Does it sound like I'm trying to convince myself I made the right decision?  I still am.  Oh the joys of being a parent!  

Anyway, Rory I spent a ton of quality time together this weekend and made the most of it.

On Saturday we rested ALL morning.  Rory took a 3 hour nap!  Then we had a couple hour outing to the mall, including lunch at Potbelly!  She ate her entire kid's PB&J.  She looks like such a big girl here!  Note her cup without a lid!


I finally got Rory singing the entire ABC's on video on Saturday.  She sings it all the time but the second I bring out the camera she stops or skips to the end.  Try to ignore the spinning and just listen to the letters!


Rory also played in the indoor playground for a bit and got to ride the Bob the Builder Tractor!  She wasn't sure what to think. She held on very tight!


Sunday I got up and went to the gym to run my 5 miles training run.  It was way too humid out.  I am training for the Honky Tonk Half in October.  So excited to run it with Nikki!  I am only on week 2.  Yes, I only run half's with a country theme in 2013!

Rory took a short morning nap and we headed to the pool.  It was packed, but we had a fun time!  Check out this coverup, don't you wish Gap made it in adult sizes!?!  Eyes closed for the photo, hmm wonder where she gets that from.


After 2 and half hours at the pool we were exhausted.  (I think that's the biggest word that Rory knows by the way).  We went home and Rory took a nice long afternoon nap.  

After her shower and nap she woke up with the craziest curliest awesomest hair.  You have to check this out!  Look at those curls!


I made an awesome dinner of steak, asparagus and corn.  Rory reached a milestone at dinner, first time eating corn ON the cob.  She was so excited to eat corn like mommy and daddy.   And for the record, it was so much less messy!


Rory was in a great mood this morning and ready to go to school, so I guess the layed back quiet weekend was successful.  I didn't get to see the lake, but I am so glad she is feeling better!  

State Fair tomorrow, so excited!  I am going to plan out what to eat this time.  Last year I was pacing myself so I would only eat the best things and ended up not trying enough, that will not happen again!

Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!

No comments:

Post a Comment