Friday, February 14, 2014

Favorite Weekend of the Year!

Last weekend was fantastic.  It is my absolute favorite weekend of the year!  It’s the weekend of my Dad’s play and it’s always filled with great friends and shenanigans.  You know how much I love Shenanigan’s.


On a side note – I am sitting here writing this blog at Starbuck’s.  I’m drinking a hazelnut latte and listening to the buzz of conversation.  I can’t help but think how happy I would be if this was my job,   writing and blogging.  That would be so awesome.  It is what I went to undergrad for after all.  But that’s neither here nor there. 



Back to Chicago weekend – You may remember me talking about this last year, but every year my Dad is in a play.  It’s a unique play in that it’s a fundraiser for the Bailiwick Theatre.  The actors actually go to an auction in the fall where they bid on their parts.  The great thing about the whole production is that it has been many of the same people for years and years and they have become little family!  Many of them were at my Dad’s wedding in December.  Seeing the play is mostly about seeing my Dad and Laura but it’s also fun to see Jill, Rusty and Amy etc.  It really is an awesome thing!  Did I mention I was in 2 of them when I was about 7 or 8?  I’ll have to dig up some photos one of these days.

Loni, Nikki and Amy have been to a ton of shows.  Here’s my best guess on counts:

Loni: 12
Nikki: 6
Amy: 3

Well, this year Mackenzie and Ellen got to experience it all for the very first time!!!


We all had a ton of fun.  My dad did great.  Laura had a huge part and did fantastic.


The play was the main thing that brought us to Chicago for the weekend but we definitely made the most of the weekend.  We hit up Eataly twice, went to Hangge Uppe, Had a drink at NoMi, shopped on Michigan Ave, went to a 30th bday party at Fatpour Tapworks, ate late night Chicago pizza, heard about 10 minutes of live music and Joe’s on Weed and had breakfast at Jam N' Honey.

I always forget to take photos till after we start eating.  Antipasti from Eataly.

Awkward angle at Eataly

Amazing pasta at Eataly!

Olive Oil Heaven

View from NoMi

Sorry girls - I had to post this because it makes me laugh so hard!


It was a fall asleep in the cab-exhausting kind of weekend!



Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment