Friday, August 28, 2015

MN to AZ

Wow it's been a while.  And so much going on.  I have been told and also feel with everything going on I should probably start blogging more often.  

Everyone should know all this but... We are moving to Arizona.  We have lived in Minnesota since March of 2007, so almost 8.5 years.  This state has been good to us.  We started as an engaged 24 year old and 30 years old and we leave 33 and 39, Married for almost 8 years with an almost 4 year old..  So we have grown up, started our family, outgrown our house and overall changed a ton!

Post from the day I moved to MN - I've also gotten better at
social media in the last 8 years.

Bye House!
I have loved our house, where we live and exploring this state.  In the last 8 years I have become a runner, a golfer, a mom and an Analyst.  But by far the best thing I did to feel at home was when I started the book club in Oct 2008.  Prior to that I was lonely and depressed and wasn't quite so sure about living away from home.  I met girls that have become my closest friends and 228 Meetups, many other plans and vacations later that has made leaving Minnesota so hard.  They have helped me in so many ways and I'm sad to no longer be able to watch Bachelor in Paradise on a random Monday with them, Meet for Yoga classes at the gym, Meet for lunches with our kids, train for long races, Chat books once a month and explore new places to eat.  I could not possibly love them or be grateful for them more.  I can't wait for many more fun times of visits and vacations together!

I am excited for a new adventure.  Although Minnesota was home for over 8 years, it never felt like a permanent solution for our family.  I'm excited to explore a new city, experience a new lifestyle and enjoy a life without -20 and snow.  Good news is I've done this before and became quite good at making friends and keeping myself busy, so I feel confident that I can start over and thrive.

Rory's last day of Primrose is today.  She has been there since Jan of 2014, so over 1.5 years.  She is at an age where she is super into her friends and she is sad to leave them (me too, I get it).  But she also doesn't quite understand what's on the other side of this.  She's never been to Arizona.  She doesn't know what mountains look like in person, she hasn't seen her new school and everything will be completely new to her.  She is approaching all of this with as much bravery and positivity as she can muster.  I'm very proud of her.  Change is hard, especially when you are 4 and barely understand it.  I feel this will make her stronger in the end and of course 2 weeks from now she will be comfortable in her new school and talking all about her new friends and teachers!

So as I sit in Minnesota in our hotel room I am excited and nervous and sad and happy and anxious and pretty much every other emotion you want throw out there.  The 4 of us - Tim, Rory, Willow and me - have a one way ticket to AZ on Monday.  

Willow Enjoying the Hotel Life
I'll blog all about our journey.  I get encouraged to blog more from comments both on Blogger and on FB, so please let me know someone is listening and I will keep typing!

Help Our Rank & Visit Top Baby Blogs, Baby Blog Directory!
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. So incredibly proud of all you have accomplished. You have more courage than anyone I know. Your next move better be back to Chicago... Until then I can't wait to come visit! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Safe travels and best of the best to you and family as you add another chapter in your lives.

    ReplyDelete